For any vacation, once the destination has been decided, the next most important thing to do is to choose the place where everyone will be staying at. The resort or hotel that you choose to stay at can make or break the entire experience of the trip. There are a number of holiday resorts where one can stay at but it is important to be able to distinguish the good from the bad. Another important thing to decide while selecting the resort it to understand the destination where you are visiting and whether it is advisable to choose a resort in outskirts of that place or in the heart of the place where all the action takes place.
Once all of that has bene decided, keep the following tips in mind while selecting the perfect resort for your next vacation!
- Location – like I mentioned before also, the location where your resort is located is very important especially when you are travelling with kids or the elderly as staying too far away can tire them out and the entire purpose of going on a holiday will be lost. If your destination has a lot of tourist spots that you plan on visiting, then choose a resort that is located nearby so that you cut down on all the everyday travel.
- Modern Amenities and Facilities – most of the good resorts have websites which lists all the amenities and facilities that the place has to offer. It should have the basics like comfortable rooms, restaurants on site, parking space in case you are travelling in your own car, Wi-Fi, swimming pool, laundry, gymnasium among others. Also, facilities like some activities for the kids, maybe the option of dining by the pool or by a bonfire, some fun things like a karaoke night is always an added bonus. One great resort that has all of this and more is the Discovery Village which offers all these facilities and makes for a great place to stay at with your family or friends.
- Budget friendly friendly – certain places charge an exorbitant amount in the name of luxury which is often unnecessary and easily avoidable as it does nothing but overshoot your holiday budget. It is important to check out all the options available in the area and then choose one that fits your requirements and does not burn a hole in your pocket at the same time. Look out for offers on various travel websites and make sure you get the best deals available.
- Dining Options friendly – whenever anyone is on a holiday they prefer eating outside in the local restaurants and get a taste of what the local food is like. However, there are times when you are too tired or too lazy to wander out and want to just sit back in the hotel and have a good meal. For times like this it is important to check from before the dining options that your resort has to offer and which type of cuisine they offer. No body likes going to sleep on a hungry stomach during the holiday.
- Reviews matter friendly – all the travel websites and the websites of the resorts have reviews left by travellers who have stayed there before. It is important to go through these reviews as it gives you a great insight into what is waiting for you. From the kind of room, the cleanliness factor, about the staff to the taste of the food, all of this and more can be figured out by going through these reviews. They help you make an informed decision and tells you from before about what is in store for you.
- Check In and Check Out Time friendly – this may seem like a very small and trivial point to consider, but you will thank yourself for checking this out when your flight lands at 5 am and you are waiting to check into the resort and get some sleep. Most of these places have a check in and check out time around noon. In case your travel timings are a little odd and you want an early check in or a late check out, then call up the resort before you book it and ask the staff if they are flexible on these timings so that you are not left stranded on the side of the road with all your suitcase after an early morning flight.
These are some very basic things to keep in mind while choosing a resort irrespective or where you are travelling to. Choosing the right place to stay at really adds to the entire experience of the holiday and makes sure that everyone is comfortable throughout. There is nothing worse than coming back to a smelly old room after a long day!