For anyone who stays in Bangalore, Kanakpura is a favourite because of its close proximity to the city and the various things it has to offer. It makes for the perfect place to getaway for a holiday because it does not burn a hole in your pocket, is great for spontaneous trips and provides memories that will last a lifetime. Another best part is that Bangalore near resorts makes it so convenient to just pack your bags and just getaway for a small break.
This beautiful place is dotted with treats for tourists such as public parks, waterfalls, river streams and also ancient temples which makes this place an experience in itself. There are a number of resorts near Bannerghatta in Kanakpura such as the Discovery Village where you can book your stay while visiting the area. The resort is a perfect mix of comfort with luxury and offers a number of facilities for all its guests such as cycling, trekking, rappelling, karaoke night, overnight camping and even bonfire with barbeque among others!
Now that we have enticed you to pack your bags and visit this place already, lets have a look at all the best places to see and things to do in Kanakpura.
- Nature Adventure Camp – this is the hotspot in the area because of the amount of activities that one can indulge in over here. Right from cave exploration, hiking around springs, hills and bamboo forests to rappelling, kayaking, coracle riding, zip lining and spider web climbing, one can do all of this and more! You can also enjoy a campfire night along with some good music and a sky full of stars for company.
- Kabbaladurga – located just about 20 kms away from Kanakpura, this is an exquisite hill that is the perfect place to trek for newbies. It has a three-kilometre-long trail which takes you to the top of the hill from where you can witness some of the most beautiful views of the area. In case you are in for some adventure, you can undertake this trek at night and get a view of the illuminated city under the dark clouds.
- Mekedatu – this is one of the most popular tourist places in the area that is renowned for its peaceful atmosphere and magnificent scenery. Also famously known as the Goat’s Leap, this place is essentially a stretch of narrow and deep gorges which serves as a popular getaway. A lot of families like visiting this place to enjoy a scrumptious picnic, but also a lot of photographers and nature lovers drop by to soak in the breath-taking beauty of the place.
- Chunchi Falls – this fall offers some unusually gorgeous sight and is a must visit when in the area. This 50-foot-tall beauty is located at the confluence point of the Kollidam River and the Cauvery River. Spend some quality time with your friends and family and marvel in the enjoyment and ecstasy that comes from the refreshing aura of these waterfalls. Bring along some delicious food and be marvelled at this beauty of nature.
- Bilikal Rangaswamy Betta – this place is perfect for people who love adventure and thrill as it offers the perfect terrain for some trekking. Not too many people know about this place so if you plan on visiting do not be surprised if some peace and calm are all you have for company. There is also a Hindu Temple located at the top which is dedicated to Lord Rangaswamy and should be paid a visit to in case if you are visiting this place.
- Kanakpura Park – for someone looking for a laid-back outing, then this park is the place you need to go to. It has plenty of green open spaces and is perfect for families, couples and parents who are looking at taking a break and getting away from the hustle and bustle of the city life. Lie down on the well-trimmed grass, take a stroll along the park, bring along your board games and have a little picnic among the beautiful greenery. All in all, expect to be delighted by the serenity that this place has to offer!
- Prani – this is the pet sanctuary that is located in the area and is perfect for people who want to spend some time in the company of exotic animals. This place is a sanctuary for rescued animals where they are well taken care of by the care takers there and also by the hundreds of visitors who come to pay them a visit. You can do things like bathe them and feed them and play with them as well!
There are a lot more things to do in Kanakpura apart from the ones mentioned above. Explore at your own pace and enjoy!