The state of Karnataka is a haven for all the wildlife lovers because of the number of National Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries that can be found across the state. These places are great for family vacations as they offer adventure activity along with a chance to spend quality time with your loved ones. Making the planning part easier for you are the number of resorts in Bangalore for family and friends which offer comfort and luxury. Discovery village is a great option among the various Bangalore resorts that one can stay at.
Planning a holiday and going to a wildlife sanctuary is not just about the spotting of lions and tigers but is also about how one needs to conduct themselves in such open surrounding which has possibility of danger. Below mentioned are a few of the do’s and don’ts that you must keep in mind the next time you visit a wildlife sanctuary.
A list of the things that you should do while visiting a wildlife sanctuary:
- Maintain silence. The slightest noise can disturb the animals and make them cautious. They will retreat into their surrounding and you will not be able to spot any. Should there be a need to speak, do so softly otherwise it is best to keep quiet and enjoy the surroundings.
- Always stay in groups and not wander off alone. Even if a group has been at a spot for a while it is best to keep patient and stay put there instead of putting your life at risk. An individual makes for an easy target for animals but they usually stay away when they see groups of people.
- Get yourself familiar with the rules of the park and make sure you follow them at all times. There are designated areas where the vehicles can stop and you can get off so do not force your driver to stop wherever you want. A lot of parks also ban smoking and littering so make sure that you abide by these rules.
- Make friends with your local guide as they will only help to enhance your experience. They have been in the area for long and know it better than anybody. Ask them questions and listen to what they have to say so you can enjoy the place better.
- Always carry your binoculars and cameras as it is not always about the bigger animals like lions and tiger. There are many interesting creature living within the forest so give yourself a chance to be amazed by them.
- Wear dark colored clothes like khaki, green, and brown so that you blend with the surroundings. Bright colors will attract the animals and they will get cautious and wander away.
A list of the things that you should not do while visiting a wildlife sanctuary:
- The most important thing to do here is to respect the privacy of the animals. Do not wander too close to them as it can get dangerous. This is their home and their boundaries should be respected.
- Do not litter the area as it is a natural habitat for the animals and plastic is the last thing that they need to choke on. Always carry a small bag to store all your trash instead of throwing it out of your safari.
- Keep the cellphones away and do not talk to play loud music to get the attention of the animals. In all probability you will end up scaring them and they will wander further away.
- If you are under the influence of alcohol make sure you stay away from the park. It can cause danger not just to you but to the others travelling with you.
- Sudden movements can scare away the animals or cause them to attack you so make sure you maintain decorum and not do anything to unnecessarily attract the animals.
- Jeeps and safaris should not be driven too fast or go off the designated track as it can cause danger. There are marked roads for the safaris and they should be stuck to.
- Do not even try and touch any animal and they might just attack you. They are used to being in the open and are not trained for human contact. Always maintain a safe distance from them.
The wildlife belongs to the animals and their privacy and comfort should be given preference to. It is important to be sensitive to their needs and help in preserving their natural environment.