Who does not love nature? The very thought of relaxing beside sparkling beach waters, bathing in cold waterfalls, lazing away amidst lush green forests or breathing the fresh air of the mountains makes you want to leave the chaos of cities and head on a journey to experience nature.
South India offers some of the most pristine and untouched landscapes that are blessed with nature’s bounty and are perfect to undertake a journey to nature’s offerings.
Here are some of the must visit places if you want to experience the nature at its best:
- Nandi Hills: Located at a distance of 60 KM’s from the city of Bangalore, Nandi Hills is the right place to be if you do not want to drive too far away from the city and yet experience nature’s bliss. The spectacular view from the top coupled with the fact that this hill is the source of origination for two rivers makes it a masterpiece for nature lovers. You can also plan a night trip and spend your time in the resorts near Nandi Hills. Some of the resorts also offer adventure activities and is perfect for those who want to have a nature with adventure theme to their outing.
- Kabini: If bird watching and wildlife spotting is your thing, then Kabini is the place to be. The Kabini river flows through some of the densest and untouched forests of Karnataka and Kerala providing great sighting opportunities to the nature enthusiasts. Wildlife resorts in Kabini that provide outstanding nature views are the ideal place to set up your camp when holidaying here. This is as close as you can get to Mother Nature.
- Mangalore: Nature here presents herself in the form of beautiful beaches alongside the Arabian Sea. Nestled between the majestic Western Ghats and the sea, Mangalore is ideal for those who want to experience nature but also want to have a bit of city life and not to forget delicious seafood.
- Wayanad: If Kerala God’s own country, Wayanad has to be its most treasured masterpiece. Forests, wildlife, waterfalls, rivers, you name it you have it. What you also get as a bonus are long, winding roads cutting across mist filled hills and acres of tea estates and the sweet smell of coffee beans from coffee plantations. If you are a nature lover, visiting Wayanad will be a treat to your senses.
- viewpoints that offer splendid panoramic views of the Ghats. You can stay in one of the numerous homestays or check-in to one of the hill resorts and experience nature at your doorstep.
The more you are amidst nature, the more you discover yourself. The best way to soak in the beauty offered at all these places is to travel by road. The biggest advantage of using the road is that you can travel as and when you like. Detours, unplanned pit-stops and unexplored routes, the fun of discovering yourself by getting lost in the wilderness is something that will stay forever with you.