Now that we have your accommodation also sorted at Nandi Hills, here are ten useful tips to keep in mind the next time you plan that Nandi Hills trekking Bangalore !
- Assess your fitness level and choose accordingly – it is important to know how much you can actually trek before you embark upon it for real. A majority of this depends upon your level of fitness. A good way to assess how much you will be able to trek based on your current fitness level is to walk a certain distance everyday and time yourself. Mix up the path and throw in elevations along the way. Time yourself again. This will give you a fair idea of how much you will be able to trek and how long it will approximately take you
- Train and train some more – this tip cannot be stressed upon enough. This forms the backbone of how your trek is going to go. Chart out a training routine for yourself and work on building up that stamina. It is important that you are able to walk for about four to six hours at a stretch before you embark upon the real trail. Do not forget to throw in rest days as well so that you are not sore before the actual day.
- Know what the weather Gods are up to – not just for hours or a day before your hike, but at least a fortnight prior. Keep checking what the weather is like and the way it is changing, if it is. This will prepare you for what is to come and will also help you plan accordingly. The less surprises going into the trek, the better it is for everyone.
- Research about the trail you plan to trek – decide on the trail and then look up information about it. Get a map if possible and mark all the important areas on the route, any twists and turns and also places where you can rest and grab a bite.
- Pack the essentials and pack light – there are certain essentials like navigation devices, first-aid supplies, a torch, extra batteries, sun protection, weather appropriate clothing, repair kit and tools, food and water and emergency shelter (tent etc) that you must carry in your backpack. All of this should be done while also keeping it light because you will have to carry it all the way with you to the top.
- Choose your trekking gear well – wear clothes that are weather appropriate and comfortable at the same time.
- The right shoes make all the difference – invest in a good pair of shoes because they are extremely important on a trek and will prevent things like additional pain.
- There is no need to rush – there is no need to rush at the beginning of a trek only to have no energy left at the end of the day. Choose a pace that you can maintain throughout the trek.
- Let a friend/family member know your itinerary – someone who is not on the trek with you, should be aware of your route and the itinerary so that they can check up on you whenever necessary.
- Sleep is the key to success – a good nights sleep a night before the trek is very important. It will keep you refreshed and rejuvenated for the exciting time ahead.
Once you are done trekking, reward yourself with a good night’s sleep at a resort like Discovery Village which has everything you are looking for and more. A night of barbeque and bonfire at the resort along with all the other facilities will be the perfect reward.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]